Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Painting with light...

Photography is a huge media. There are so many things you can do and so many techniques you can learn. Not all of them are portrait related...some are just for the fun of it. Here are a few samples of a fun technique a few of us got together the other night to try.


There were lots of spiders out that night and try as I might, I could not get a up close and personal picture of one that was in focus to my liking. I would have been happier if it had not been as muddy as it was. But we had fun and it was an interesting evening of learning to use long exposures and our strobe flashes with colored gels attached.

What have you done lately to stretch your learning?

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, I think we need one of these strobe flashes with the colored gels. I am so going to have to tell Kelly about this! I absolutely love the 2nd picture and the effect it gives! FUN! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mimi - we fired 2 off camera flashes with gels taped to them for the red and the green once each at different times. The blue is actually from Roger and Sean walking along the track on the ground below with flashlights with gels taped to them shining them on the edge of the track. It is so strange to me how we can do those long exposures and not have the people show up in the photos! It isn't something I will end up using much...but it was fun to get out and play and hang out with people trying it. If you want more details for Kelly you can call or email me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my work. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.